Now perform the following steps;
- The downloaded image unzips to 16Gb so make sure you have at least this amount of free disk space).
- Download and install Win32 Disk Imager from this link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/latest/download
- Unzip the SdCard image
- Plug the SdCard into an SdCard slot or adaptor for your PC.
- Run the unzipped Win32DiskImager.exe application (may just be shown as Win32DiskImager depending on your windows settings)
- Ensure the correct driver letter is selected for the SD card – double check this is right in Windows Explorer as Win32DiskImager will overwrite the entire drive without warning if the wrong drive is selected!
- Select the unzipped image file.
- Press Write and wait for the program to write the operating system onto the SD card.
- Once the writing is done plug the SD card into the Raspberry Pi 2B and power it up